Possible sti/std both virgin

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Yohanz
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I think none
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: male

Possible sti/std both virgin

Unread post by Yohanz »

Hi just wondering the risk of getting sti because my gf just gave me my first blowjob and it's her first time too it is unprotected and I didn't finish insids her mouth.
KierC
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Possible sti/std both virgin

Unread post by KierC »

Hi Yohanz,

We have a great resource that can help you determine the different STI risks of different sexual activities. Can I Get Pregnant, or Pass On An STI From That?

You’ll see that you can get an STI from oral sex, and it is best to use barrier protection like a condom, in this case. Too, it’s important to get tested for STIs, even if just for reassurance.

I know we mentioned a few times that it may be best for your anxiety to take a step back from activities until you understand and are comfortable with the risks involved. What did you think about that?
Yohanz
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I think none
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: male

Unread post by Yohanz »

I don't feel any anxiety just wondering if there's need to worry about the risk of getting sti through unprotected oral sex
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Yohanz,

You can find the answer to that in the piece Kier linked you. Too, I think this piece will provide important, additional information: Can people with no sexual experience have an STI?

I do think that, going forward, it would be sound for you and your girlfriend to read up on and talk about the risks of a given sexual activity before you try it, rather than waiting until after it's happened to check. How does that sound?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic