Wondering where to put a sensitive question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Asking Queries
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I like rocks
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Transfem, girlflux, lesbian/bisexual

Wondering where to put a sensitive question

Unread post by Asking Queries »

Hi!

I want to ask a question about being worried that fictional media has sexual abuse behind-the-scenes, but I’m not sure where I should put it — so, it addresses the topic of sexual abuse, but doesn’t have details. Where should I put it?

- AQ
“… we need to recognize that adolescents, like all human beings, need strong social bonds. To provide youth with such bonds—at an interpersonal and societal level—is the work of us all.” - Amy T. Schalet, Not Under My Roof.
CaitlinEve
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Wondering where to put a sensitive question

Unread post by CaitlinEve »

Hey AQ,

You could ask your question here as a reply in this thread, but if you make a separate post I would recommend placing that question either on this board ('ask us'), 'got questions? get answers?', or in the et cetera board! While there is also the 'abuse & assault' board, that section/area is often a place for survivors to receive support so please use discretion as we try to make that area a safe space for posters! Make sure you provide a content/trigger warning if you post another post, however.
Asking Queries
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I like rocks
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Transfem, girlflux, lesbian/bisexual

Re: Wondering where to put a sensitive question

Unread post by Asking Queries »

Thanks! I’ll put it in ‘got questions? get answers?’ so everyone can comment.
“… we need to recognize that adolescents, like all human beings, need strong social bonds. To provide youth with such bonds—at an interpersonal and societal level—is the work of us all.” - Amy T. Schalet, Not Under My Roof.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic