Help

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Archer
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Hetero

Help

Unread post by Archer »

I am growing up with abusive parents and have violent thoughts towards. There nothing I can do to escape them. I'm mental health is getting worse and I can't get therapy
KierC
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Help

Unread post by KierC »

Hey there Archer,

I’m really sorry to hear the situation with your parents has been getting worse, but I’m glad you’re here for support. I remember last time we spoke, I sent over the Safety Plan. Did you get a chance to look it over, and did you see anything in there that might be an actionable first step towards getting yourself out of this situation?

In terms of getting you support in person, I would absolutely advise telling a mandated reporter about the abuse you’re experiencing at home. They are trained to work with you to get you out of this in a way that is safe for you, and they can also get you confidential support. There will be a mandated reporter at your school, including teachers, nurses, school counselors, etc. Do you have a trusted adult at school you can tell?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic