Can I be pregnant if I had my period?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
claire2swag
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm good at sports
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Can I be pregnant if I had my period?

Unread post by claire2swag »

Hello! For the 6th time!
Could I be pregnant? I was 4 days late and I had my period and it lasted 5-6 days and I bled through tampons, but I starting feeling awful, like terrible the following days after my period, I'm out of town so I can't take any test, I've been having an awful headache and muscle aches, I do play softball, and I'm out of town playing this weekend, maybe that's why? I'm just a terrible overthinker, I've had my period and everything, and 1 day before I took a test and was negative, I don't pee a lot, I have no issue playing my sport in this heat, and I think I'm fine I honestly am just scared because google is like "yes, you can still have a period and be pregnant" please help put my mind at ease so I can relax, thank you🩷
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Can I be pregnant if I had my period?

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Claire2swag,

Oof, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing pain! For what it is worth, you don't need to worry about pregnancy here: beyond the fact that you had a negative test, if you've had your period you can be pretty confident that you are not pregnant. This is because periods happen when a pregnancy didn't occur in the previous cycle. Sometimes periods can show up a bit later than expected - four days isn't particularly concerning.

I'm not sure what Google showed you, but I wonder if you were reading about implantation bleeding. Implantation bleeding is light spotting that can occur when a fertilized egg attaches to the uterine lining. It is notably lighter than a period, and doesn't usually last more than three days. This doesn't sound like your case.

It looks like you've had a couple pregnancy scares recently - that seems stressful! Would you like to talk about what is causing this fear?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic