I've torn after sex and I'm confused

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
luvmads
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: questioning pansexual

I've torn after sex and I'm confused

Unread post by luvmads »

Hi, okay. So I had sex a few nights ago for like the second time. I ended up tearing and bleed quite a lot. I know it's normal to tear but I'm a bit confused about the aftermath. Now, a few days later, I've noticed some bloody kind of discharge/clots. I'm on birth control so, I shouldn't be starting my period just yet. I honestly can't figure out what the problem is...
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: I've torn after sex and I'm confused

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Luvmads, welcome to the boards!

It is possible for people on birth control to experience breakthrough bleeding (i.e. bleeding or spotting that happens between normal periods), especially if they've started taking it recently. Still, since you were injured and bleeding a lot a few days ago, and you've started bleeding again now, I think it is a good time to have a doctor examine this. Do you think you can make an appointment to see one?

It isn't actually that normal to tear and bleed a lot during sex. These injuries tend to happen when there isn't enough lubrication, when sex is too rough, or when something that is inserted into the vagina has rough or sharp edges.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic