masturbation and antidepressants

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
lem1105
Pronouns: he/him

masturbation and antidepressants

Unread post by lem1105 »

i’m trying to explore more things and experiment sexually, since i never got much of a chance to as a young teen due to trauma that left me sex repulsed for years. i’m a trans guy, pre everything, no hormones, no surgery, nothing. i’ve never had sex or masturbated as i had extreme bottom dysphoria for a good chunk of my teenage life, but i’ve made peace with it now. i don’t know anything about sex or masturbation, but i am really curious about it - the only issue is that i take prozac for depression/bpd and i’m worried this will make this sort of self-exploration difficult for me. what can i do?
CaitlinEve
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: masturbation and antidepressants

Unread post by CaitlinEve »

Hey lem1105!

Luckily, taking Prozac does not inherently mean that you will have problems with arousal/orgasm! It's definitely possible, though; in your personal experience have you noticed it impacting your libido before?

Honestly, the only way to tell definitively would be to try it and see; and if it does cause problems, there are ways around that! Here is the link to another advice column for someone with a similar concern, that provides more resources for specific questions!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic