Self-fingering

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
mika.m
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: No one is flawless
Primary language: Persian(Farsi)
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Bisexual, Male cis

Self-fingering

Unread post by mika.m »

I really want to try prostate massage properly by myself but I have some problems with it.
First, it's kinda messy to massage with bare finger, also it would be expensive if I buy dildo. Second is that I don't know where it is, I was trying to do it once but it's a little bit painful so I somewhat scared to do it again
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Self-fingering

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi mika.m,

When it comes to locating the prostate, these two articles might help you have a bit more success figuring out where it is on your body: Meet Your Prostate!, Innies & Outies: The Penis, Testes and More.

As for what to use, that's really one of those things where the decision is up to you based on things like your comfort and what you might have access to. For any kind of anal stimulation, you want to make sure you have a lot of lube available, and something to cover your finger with, like a condom or a single-use glove. If purchasing a sex toy is something you'd like to try, but cost or other barriers mean you can't really access one, you can also look at ways to safely D.I.Y one: D.I.Y Sex Toys: Self-Love Edition
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
mika.m
not a newbie

Unread post by mika.m »

I read them all but I'm uncertain a little bit.
I have bought a latex glove but I'm hesitant to massaging my prostate, I don't know how to do it properly. Maybe I'll hurt myself.
CaitlinEve
Pronouns: they/them

Unread post by CaitlinEve »

Hi mika.m,

Fingering yourself can be a bit of trial and error. If it hurts, it's okay to take a break and try again at another point. It's also okay if you discover that prostate stimulation isn't something you're interested in. I will say that it is unlikely that you will injure yourself with your fingers if that's something you're concerned about. As long as your hands are clean and your nails aren't too long, you should be okay in terms of that risk.

Maybe, since you are hesitant and uncertain, it would be best to work up to it. For example, one day you could focus on exploration, another day you could focus on finger insertion and stretch. It doesn't have to be a big daunting goal if you don't want it to be; take it at your own pace!

I also want to make sure that you have appropriate lubrication, as your anus does not produce its own lubrication. You may want to check out these articles (Quickies: Lube and Lube 101) for more information!
mika.m
not a newbie

Unread post by mika.m »

Update: I have bought a latex glove but it doesn't go to my anus very well(something shorter than 1cm). Do I have to use lubricant(or like that) or it's okay to do it with bare fingers?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Mika,

I would say lube is a necessity for anal stimulation of any kind, since it makes inserting objects easier as well as prevents pain and tearing.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
mika.m
not a newbie

Unread post by mika.m »

Oh it works. But i don't feel anything. How can I find P-spot?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic