I keep masturbating but cant seem to finish

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Sillyboy_Finn
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair hahaha
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/they (ftm)
Sexual identity: Bisexual

I keep masturbating but cant seem to finish

Unread post by Sillyboy_Finn »

Hey I'm a dude (female to male) who has been masturbating since a young age basically every day. I was mostly capable of getting aroused consistently until recently my finger have been "unhelpful", I'm suddenly incapable to finish even once! Is it possible to develop a "tolerance" to self pleasuring? Should I invest in toys? And because I'm an underage person is it legal for me to buy some in a physical store by myself in Canada, because its would be basically impossible to ask my legal guardian? Please help :o
Anya
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own jewelry!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Re: I keep masturbating but cant seem to finish

Unread post by Anya »

Hi Sillyboy_Finn,

Our bodies go through natural phases of increased and decreased physical sensation based on many things. Consistent stimulation to any one part of the body, regardless of whether it is a sexual organ or not can change the way that body part feels, and sometimes decrease the sensation we feel when we stimulate it. This change in sensation is totally normal and only temporary barring any real permanent harm like wounds. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with masturbating every day, if you have started to feel less intense bodily reactions to touch, giving your body a break for a day or two before continuing may allow your body a rest period for it to recoup and reintensify pleasure! Too, if you've noticed more stress in your life recently, I'd say that could definitely impact physical sensation and arousal. Stress has a much more frustratingly effective way of impacting (mostly decreasing) our normal arousal levels at the worst times, so it's something to be aware of.

Another cause for a lack of sensation would be if you've started or been taking testosterone. When we introduce more hormones into our bodies and add to the already chaotic process of puberty our bodies may change in ways we didn't even think about, like physical sensation. Many people on testosterone report having more or less intense orgasms as well as physical sensations in their bodies, so if this is the case, its also perfectly normal and may change or shift with time.

In terms of accessing sex toys in Canada, it looks like if you're older than 16 you may be able to purchase sex toys at an adult store given 16 is Canada's age of consent, and there are no laws prohibiting the sale of sex toys by age. Because the stores you may go to will probably be privately run and operated, they have the ability to turn you away if they want to, but it looks like you may be able to purchase toys if you so please. Toys can be wonderful and exciting! though, I would be careful about trying to buy one to "fix" an issue you're running into with pleasure. If you do decide to buy sex toys, I would ask yourself if you're buying them to purely bring a new tool for pleasure into the mix, or if you're looking for a way to "solve" this struggle you're facing. I don't know that the addition of a toy will help your body work through different sensations better than giving yourself a break, recentering, and doing your best to de-stress. How does all of that sound?
Sillyboy_Finn
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair hahaha
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/they (ftm)
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: I keep masturbating but cant seem to finish

Unread post by Sillyboy_Finn »

This sounds really helpful, I'm going to take a rest and focus on my mental health. Thanks for all the great advice!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic