how can I find other teens who want to try BDSM?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Jasppuppy
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Pansexual

how can I find other teens who want to try BDSM?

Unread post by Jasppuppy »

Im 15 too and dont know how to find other people my age to practice bdsm with im also trans so its hard to actually find someone who respects that.
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: how can I find other teens who want to try BDSM?

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Jaspuppy,

I think the best way to go about this would be to get to know people, maybe date them, and bring up the topic of BDSM when you discuss your preferences. I know this is easier said than done, especially if you live in an environment that isn't accepting of trans people. Have you ever looked into LGBTQ events or gatherings in your community? If you can find them, you might have better luck there.

This will probably get easier in a few years, once you are an adult. You may have more freedom, and you'll be able to join communities where people are more upfront about being interested in things like BDSM.
Jasppuppy
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Unread post by Jasppuppy »

Im in a committed relationship but i would like to explore and me and my partner have already discussed it, but its hard finding people who are open to trying it out and experimenting without dating. I wouldnt want romance involved which ik is wierd
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

Jasppuppy!

I don't think it's weird to want to have connections without too much of a romantic element, but it is also not unusual to struggle to to find people who want to explore a specific thing with you in a specific way, at any age.

As Latha suggests, growing your social circle beit through dating or through social events and seeing what other folks bring to the table is going to be the best way to explore.

However, as you've already identified, your options are going to be a bit more limited at 15. Opportunities to explore certain things, often do not come to many of us, until later in our lives, both because of rather reasonable age limits on most events and spaces, and also because it takes time to meet enough people and make enough connections.

Especially in things that involve multiple people, there's also an aspect of this which is about timing and luck, meeting the right people, in the right environment, at the right time in everyone's lives to try something new can't be forced...

How do you feel about the possibility that you may just need to wait and see?
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic