Stool on tampon?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
daisygirl10
not a newbie

Stool on tampon?

Unread post by daisygirl10 »

I woke up this morning and my underwear had some dark stuff on it but when I wipped it was red, so I assumed it was a period. when I took my tampon out it looked like it could be poop. Is there a reason for this? also can you respond to my last post, there was a response but it was totally random.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Stool on tampon?

Unread post by Heather »

Was what you saw brownish? If so, know that periods sometimes present with that color, and flow also tends to become darker and browner on tampons or pads, too.

Your bowel is not connected to your vagunal canal, so fecal matter cannot just wind up in there unless someone has done something like had intercourse with a partner who was just engaging in anal intercourse with them, then switches to the vagina without changing the condom.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
daisygirl10
not a newbie

Unread post by daisygirl10 »

Ok, none of those things occurred, but it resembled and smelt similar to stool so I am confused on how it happened and what it was.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi daisygirl,

Okay, so it sounds like what you saw was vaginal discharge which, as heather said, can be brown around the time of your period. Have you had a chance to read this article yet?
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic