Confirmation needed

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Berry124
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: 'straight', heterosexual

Confirmation needed

Unread post by Berry124 »

I have a question about two different rticles talking about manual sex. The first one I read, called Can I Get Pregnant or Catch an STI from that-http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodie ... _from_that where at the top of the page it says that all things listed below have taken into account bodily fluids and when you go to manual it says"MANUAL SEX Engaging a partner's genitals with the hands or fingers; "fingering," or "handjobs".
Level of STI risk: Low risk
Infections at possible risk of: HPV, genital warts, chlamydia, herpes simplex virus (HSV) 1 and/or 2, syphilis
Level of pregnancy risk: No risk. So it says even with some fluids there's no risk. However on the Pregnancy Scared Article on the message board updates-http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=198 it says for manual sex-"If you did/were part of anything like this, you (or a partner) MAY HAVE had a pregnancy risk, but not a likely one:
"Having someone ejaculate ("come" -- and with a full ejaculation, not pre-ejaculate fluid) on hands then immediately rub it on a vulva or put those fingers right inside the vagina,
"-here it says that there is a risk as inserting fingers into the vagina or onto the surrounding area is fingering? I am a tad confused as to me it seams like the two articles are saying different things. Am I being stupid and not understanding this correctly or?

Also another question, by direct does it mean a penis ejaculating ejaculate directly onto the genitals of a woman?-
Intercourse or direct genital rubbing or direct contact with ejaculate BUT also properly using at least one method of birth control, like condoms, the pill, an IUD, withdrawal or emergency contraception. If you did so using two or more methods properly, there has only been a very low statistical risk, but no real, practical risk; OR intercourse where more than one method of birth control was used, but one failed or was used improperly. However, the other backup method was used properly."

Thx
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Confirmation needed

Unread post by Karyn »

Direct means exactly that: ejaculating on the vulva with no fabric or any other barrier in between, or contact between genitals with no barriers of any kind.

As for the contradictions between the two articles, I can see how that would be confusing. I am not the one who wrote that particular piece, but the way I interpret it is this: the first article takes into account the tiny amounts of fluid that would normally be present during manual sex and are not too noticeable - the trace amount of pre-ejaculate you might get on your hand from touching someone's penis, for example. The act of ejaculating onto the hand and then placing that hand immediately in contact with the vulva or vagina is deliberate and that amount of fluid is very noticeable, so it's very unlikely that would happen without someone noticing.

It looks like those pieces may need to be reworded to be more clear, so thanks for bringing it up.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Berry124
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Personality
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: 'straight', heterosexual

Re: Confirmation needed

Unread post by Berry124 »

Ok, so direct in General terms is nothing in between two things, got it. Ah ok I see, thanks for clearing that up because it confused me and reading those two to me it was saying two different things for manual sex, that it was and then that it wasn't a risk, when it isn't a risk in terms of pregnancy. I suppose there is a difference between trace amounts and handful of ejaculate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic