Light Period on Combination BCP

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
lalaloopsy

Light Period on Combination BCP

Unread post by lalaloopsy »

Hello! I've been taking Ortho-Novum 1/35 for about 3 years now, though I stopped taking it for a couple of months a little over a year ago before re-starting. I take my pill everyday within 3 hours of the time I start with on a new pack and I also always use a condom when having intercourse. To my knowledge, I've also never had a birth control failure. I had my withdrawal bleed about a week ago now, but it was very, very light. It came the day it normally does, but instead of noticeable bleeding, I just had cramps and some light-pink/ light-brown discharge for about 2-3 days. Before I stopped and then re-started the pill a year ago, my periods were light like that for a while, but when I re-started they reverted to the noticeable, somewhat heavy bleeds. I'm wondering if this type of switch from heavy to light withdrawal bleeds is normal or something I should be concerned about either (1) in general or (2) in terms of pregnancy. Thank you!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Light Period on Combination BCP

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi lalaloopsy,

So, even when on the pill, it's normal to have some variation in terms of flow or other symptoms. And, if you've had withdrawl bleeds like this before, then it's safe to assume that it's just part of the variations that your body does.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic