Masturbation and Orgasm Question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
OrganicNatural
Awesomeness Quotient: iPod always plays the song that expresses me 0.0
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Questioning (Bi)

Masturbation and Orgasm Question

Unread post by OrganicNatural »

I'm 14 years old, and have recently started masturbating more and exploring more about myself in more detail. I've been masturbating for around a year or so, but I've never reached an orgasm (that I'm aware of). I've read quite a bit both on here and other sites about orgasms, but as they're all very unique they didn't really help me that much.I'm curious as to how I'm to recognize an orgasm and if there's anything I should be looking out for.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Masturbation and Orgasm Question

Unread post by Heather »

Welcome to the boards! :)

Really, this is one of those things that we tend to figure out over time by just looking at patterns with our experiences. On the whole, while how orgasm feels absolutely varies a lot -- including for any one person from day to day -- for most people, much of the time, it's something they will learn to recognize based on:
- Feeling, with their whole sexual response, a building of tension as they get more and more aroused, and then a feeling of that tension being released in some way, and
- Feeling, after orgasm, or what they think may be orgasm, a sense of a response cycle being finished in some way.

How do you feel about those two things as places to start?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
OrganicNatural

Hi Heather. Thanks for your quick reply!

I'm honestly not completely sure about some of the things you've listed, especially the building feeling that most people feel. I usually feel really relaxed and calm after I finish masturbating, if that helps.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Okay. So, if you have that feeling of feeling finished, chances are pretty good that you may have been experiencing orgasm.

Mind, sometimes people can still feel done with masturbation or partnered sex without orgasm, but more often than not, a feeling of being physically resolved, for lack of a better word, is less likely without orgasm.

All that said, the thing is that no one needs to report and file orgasm, and what you always CAN know is whether or not things are feeling good, and you're liking what you're doing, however you do or don't respond physically to it. So, it's also not like knowing if we do or don't reach orgasm for sure really offers us very much, if you get me.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
OrganicNatural

Ok great! Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic