Vomiting and BCP

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kudfc6f5duxc
not a newbie

Vomiting and BCP

Unread post by kudfc6f5duxc »

Hi guys,

I took my pill about 20 minutes ago, and just now i had a "sick burp" in my mouth. Nothing came out but i did have like vomit in my throat. I am going to school, and I am not going to take another pill because i assume its still all in my body? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
kudfc6f5duxc
not a newbie

Re: Vomiting and BCP

i spoke to my mum and she said since i didn't actually vomit, its fine as it's still in my body. I assume this is ok, and its too late for me to take another pill. HOwever, can you please let me know if i should takr any precautions, or am i just worryibng unduly??
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Esta,

Because, you didn't vomit vomit, you can assume your pill will be/is absorbed. However, if you're currently sexually active, you can use condoms as a back-up method to ease any lingering worries (and we actually recommend using condoms and pills as buddies anyway).
kudfc6f5duxc
not a newbie

okay thanks!!! not really much point taking it anyway now as it would be a missed pill. Slightly off topic, but we used withdrawal always. Why are condoms recommended over withdrawal? Is it because of STis or pregnancy? (i understand withdrawal is not always very effective!!!)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Because condoms are more effective in both perfect and typical use, and condoms are also the only thing that can help prevent the transmission of STIs.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic