Gynecologist visit

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
lifeisgood
Awesomeness Quotient: im very social
Primary language: english

Gynecologist visit

Unread post by lifeisgood »

So,
Im 99% sure I have a uti and I told my parents and want an appointmeny to go to a gynecologist, but i know im going to have to pee in a cup. When I pee in the cup will they only test for uti and bacteria or will it be also a drug test. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! :| !

Also,
what would be some of the sympotoms of a uti?? all i know is
-uncomfertable peeing (burning)
-pain under rips**** dont have this yet
Emma
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My love of travel and exploration!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Don't use any :)

Re: Gynecologist visit

Unread post by Emma »

Hi, lifeisgood, welcome to the boards! If testing for a UTI, it's unlikely that the physician will be looking for drugs (which may be an issue during a pregnancy) but if you're worried, you can give the office a call and ask. Here's an article about UTIs: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... t_damn_uti Some of the symptoms include "feeling like you have to urinate often, and then sometimes only being able to squeeze out a few drops; burning and/or strong odor with urination; blood in the urine; soreness or a feeling of fullness in your bladder, stomach, lower back or sides." If you develop nausea, a fever, or chills, make sure to get to an urgent care facility, but otherwise do what your ob/gyn tells you!
"What happens when people open their hearts? They get better." — Haruki Murakami
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Gynecologist visit

Unread post by Heather »

Just to be clear, too, what tests a doctor runs for you as a patient is always something they should be discussing with you. So, drug testing, for instance, is not something a GYN will be doing period, as that is outside the scope of reproductive health, but you also do not have to worry about any doctor doing drug tests without your permission.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic