Well, I think I've just made things worse...

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
aefaigbi

Well, I think I've just made things worse...

Unread post by aefaigbi »

Hey guys. First off, I am aware at this point that I haven't had a viable pregnancy risk (as far as I can tell). I am on Ortho Tricyclen generic and have been for the past few years. I am a regular pill taker, I always take my pill within a 30 minute-1 hour window, usually closer to 30 minutes. The past pill pack I had issues with leaving my pills next to a candle warmer by accident and having to replace the whole pack and also accidentally leaving my pills in my cold car for a few hours. I looked on here for info about pills and cold weather and mostly you all recommended calling your pharmacist. I called mine and also another pharmacy and they both said, essentially, they had no idea if the cold would effect my pills and good luck (reassuring, right?).

Anyway, I have only had sex twice this cycle. Condom + no ejaculation for both incidents. After the cold incident my boyfriend and I had a disagreement and ended up talking it out and having make-up sex on Monday. It was really spur of the moment and awesome but for some reason the next day I remembered what the pharmacists said about the cold and it made me panic and I kept feeling like I hadn't put the condom on my BF correctly or something (which was just paranoid thinking, I know I did). I ended up buying Plan B One Step (the generic My Way) and took it Tuesday afternoon.

Unfortunately, this whole situation happened during my placebo week. I started my placebo week on Sunday, and should have started my period yesterday morning (it is like clockwork). I bled a small amount yesterday (dark and bright red blood, maybe a teaspoon) and had some cramping and then today there's just a little brown blood so far. I took a pregnancy test this morning (it was a stick one I ordered in bulk off Amazon and some people on there were saying they're not sensitive/not accurate) and it came up negative. I have an anxiety disorder and I'm being treated for it currently and feel a lot better today - ie, knowing I didn't actually have any pregnancy risk - but now I am wondering if the Plan B I took on Tuesday has just screwed up my withdrawal bleed for this cycle? I've never skipped a withdrawal bleed before even when I took Plan B for a legitimate risk (of course, not during my placebo week) so I'm feeling a little nervous! I'm always making things harder on myself.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Well, I think I've just made things worse...

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi aefaigbi,

So, Plan B does have the potential to create cycle irregularity, so it's a potential culprit here. Plus, given that it sounds like you used four methods of contraception (pill, withdrawl, condom, and EC), the potential for pregnancy happening was incredibly, incredibly low to begin with. If you feel it would help, you might want to wait a few days to test again.

Have you spoken with your therapist about your anxiety around these issues?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic