Page 1 of 1

am i pregnant????

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2026 10:56 pm
by funnybunny627
So I had protected sex with my then boyfriend, the last time we did it was on june 19th and then i had my period which was a bit unusually heavy on the night of june 19th and it lasted fully around 10 days (if you count the phase when you’re bleeding little enough to switch to a small pad but not little enough to switch to a pantie liner) there were definitely clots during my period. then my period did not come in july and now it’s august 10th and i still don’t have my period. I took a pregnancy test maybe a week or two ago and it came out negative immediately i used morning urine but i’m scared i read the results too quickly and i trashed it too soon. I’m really really anxious about this, i think i might be ovulating right now because of the type of discharge but im so worried i’m pregnant cause my period isn’t here yet.

Re: am i pregnant????

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 7:54 am
by char
Hi funnybunny627. From your explanation, it doesn't sound like you're pregnant. But it's best to take another pregnancy test and make proper note of the results, just to be completely sure. Even though you did get your period in June, it seemed like you might have missed a period in July. If you've been doing this alone, having a trusted person on your side when you take the test can be super helpful. Is there someone like this in your life?

You can read this article to learn more: The Pregnancy Panic Companion: When a Period Is Late or Missed

Re: am i pregnant????

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 11:33 am
by funnybunny627
I can't talk to someone in real life I've told two friends about it but they don't know anything about it I'm really scared about my period not coming, me and my boyfriend broke up and it's been a month and when we had sex I always checked the condom after if it leaked or what not, I'm so scared and worried, the fact I had my period on June for 10 days is the only reason I'm able to feel the smallest bit of relaxation💔💔 even when my pregnancy test came out negative I still doubted it, I'm going to buy another one tomorrow and take it the next day if it's negative again should I still worry?

Re: am i pregnant????

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 11:41 am
by Heather
Hi there, funnybunny.

Worrying doesn't do anything for anyone but cause extra stress, something no one needs. It also won't change if someone did or didn't become pregnant or do anything about a risk after the fact.

So, like Char said, your best bet here, since you clearly are still worried, and because you're not sure about the test you took before, is not to worry, but instead to just take another test and see what it says.

If you get a negative result on a test you take properly you can rest assured you're not pregnant.

Re: am i pregnant????

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 11:57 pm
by funnybunny627
Hello, i am back and i took a pregnancy test and this time i waited five minutes and the results came out negative i came back 5 hours later and they were still negative does that mean im safe now? my period hasn’t arrived yet but i think my ovulation is starting to wrap up my predicted period date is around 20th-23rd of august i’m not pregnant right since both tests came out negative? Also is post ovulation symptoms like sensitive nipples normal? only the nipple not the entire breast. Thank you to everyone that responded to me i really appreciate it, it really helped me set my mind straight im really grateful

Re: am i pregnant????

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 12:48 am
by haileywilliam
Instead of wondering why, it is better to go straight to an obstetrician-gynecologist for an ultrasound scan. If the last sexual intercourse was on June 19th and there has been none since then, if pregnancy had occurred, it would definitely be visible on the ultrasound. Furthermore, this is to see other causes for the delay. And if everything turns out to be normal, you can finally put your mind at ease regarding the issue of pregnancy.

Re: am i pregnant????

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 5:16 am
by funnybunny627
Hello I am 15 years old and I sadly cannot go to an appointment or clinic I don't have the money and if I do it would be very obvious to my parents, I don't even have a clinic near my house and where to even start with these things but I really won't be going to one sorry. I'm trying my best to look in the bright side I hope the fact that I took two pregnancy tests and both came out negative is good enough to determine that I really am not pregnant TT💔. I don't think I'm pregnant.

Re: am i pregnant????

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 5:40 am
by haileywilliam
Hi too, I had the same panic about an unwanted pregnancy. But from a lot of the literature I've read across reliable sources—including here—a test result is reliable 21 days after the last time you had sexual activity, and using first-morning urine makes it even more accurate.

I'm sorry, I don't know your specific situation

Re: am i pregnant????

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 6:29 am
by Heather
haileywilliam, you've posted in an area of the boards, as noted in the top, where users post to ONLY get answers from our staff, not from outside folks. Please stick to the other areas of the boards.

funnybunny627: there's actually no reason for anyone to go to an OB/GYN to verify a negative result of a pregnancy test. haileywilliam wasn't supposed to post in this part of thw boards, but he also has this backwards. It's when someone gets a *positive* result to a test that they should verify the result with a healthcare provider.

You're right, you're clearly not pregnant. One negative by itself is enough to tell you that, and now you've had two. <3