Page 1 of 1

Age

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:44 am
by Jansmit
Perhaps a strange question, but I came across this forum and I think it's very interesting.
Thing is, there's 'teen' in the name of this site and I'm not a teen anymore since 40 years.
I don't want to be a strange duck in the pond.

Am I welcome here?

Regards, John

Re: Age

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:51 am
by Heather
Hey there, Jansmit.

We center young people here, and what that means is that they come first ahead of anyone else, and the kind of education we provide is centered on their needs and their life phases. But we're also able to provide sex and relationship education and information for people of all ages (at this point of my career, I've taught across the entire lifespan) for those who want it, including for parents seeking help when it comes to parenting young people around these topics.

What can we help you with?

Re: Age

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:59 pm
by Jansmit
Thanks for your explanation, that is very clear.

Since I have have two kids, a son and a daughter, of who the latter is attracted to women, I might be able to help with certain questions of other members. Not that I'm a perfect dad, but my kids have a good relationship with me.

Re: Age

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:54 am
by Heather
Generally our users aren't too excited to talk to older adults who aren't people who work here, who they know they can trust because someone else here can vouch for them, or who aren't themselves sex and relationship educators.

Because we are staffed with trained sex and relationships educators, and because our users won't know who you are -- and I have to tell you, a stated interest in "age gap" in your profile won't make younger people feel safe -- while I appreciate your wanting to help, it's pretty unlikely that it will be utilized much here. What this space is most likely most useful for for you is any help you may want as someone parenting young people. <3