Page 1 of 1

About periods

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:47 am
by hungrypenguin_
Hi, i'm currently writing this on the third day of my period.

It's been approximately 6 months since I had unprotected sex for the first time (I know, it was stupid and I would never do it again). I had my period twice already after that and never has any sexual intercourse with anyone ever again. I just got my third period about two days ago, my head is telling me that this is not my usual period, even though it is.

Periods are very incosistent and flowd could change. Even with that in mind I still could not shake the feeling that....what if i had an ectopic pregnancy or an undetected pregnancy.

I know, people are going to say that I need to take a test to reassure my fears, but due to my living conditions, I could not.

I need someone to confirm that this is actually my period not some bleeding that is caused by something else😓

Re: About periods

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 2:57 pm
by Sofi
Hi hungrypenguin,

In theory, and so you know in the future, we can't confirm anything since we aren't medical professionals and there to do a pregnancy test.

That said, it's highly unlikely this is an ectopic pregnancy. Not only are they very rare, but given you had two full periods ever since you last had sex, it just doesn't make sense. While there can be some bleeding during an ectopic pregnancy, it wouldn't be two full periods like you're describing.

I see this isn't the first time you are worried about pregnancy related concerns. Have you had anxiety around this a lot? We can talk to you about working through that anxiety, but we can't keep reassuring pregnancy scares when there isn't really a real risk.

Re: About periods

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:11 pm
by hungrypenguin_
My anxiety comes back everytime my period ends and when i'm waiting for it to arrive. I thought it will dissapeae but nope

Re: About periods

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:13 am
by Latha
Hi there, Hungrypenguin

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with these worries that are not going away. If we are thinking about how to work through the anxiety, it might help to consider what is causing it in the first place. Would you go over this article of ours, and tell us if anything stands out to you? You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You Think You Are?

In your last conversation, Char suggested methods of finding contraception and pregnancy tests that would be discreet in Jakarta. Do any of those sound viable for you/did they help with your concerns around pregnancy? And like they asked, do you think there might be any external factors contributing to your stress?
(I know, it was stupid and I would never do it again)
I understand this is an offhand statement, but I want to assure you that you don't need to justify yourself to us like this. We're not here to wag a finger at you, to say you did something stupid or just should know better. That would be judgemental. We're here to support you, and help you gain the knowledge you need to make the decisions you want to make for yourself.