I think I have Vaginismus, does it ends without treatment?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Cinzia Mi
not a newbie
Primary language: italian or english
Pronouns: she

I think I have Vaginismus, does it ends without treatment?

Unread post by Cinzia Mi »

Hello, this is my first post here. I have a problem... I was masturbating last night and I inserted a finger inside like I always do, but this time I went deeper in it. I felt like I was having and orgasm, but before it I felt pain and the pleasure disappeared, so I pulled out my finger. Some minutes later I tried to insert my finger again but the hole was closed... I searched on the net and I read that this is a symptom of Vaginismus. I read the other symptoms and it says that It can be caused by sexual traumas, so I guess my finger was the trauma? It's a bit unbelievable, isn't it... anyway now I'm really frustrated because I hurt myself without a real purpose... I'm so sad and a little scared too. I was wondering, can Vaginismus end on it's own, without any treatment?
Thank you
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I think I have Vaginismus, does it ends without treatmen

Unread post by Heather »

Vaginismus is something that only a healthcare provider can properly diagnose, and it also is a pattern -- not something one-time, or only every now and then -- of profound vaginal pain with entry. It sounds like you usually insert fingers easily and with pleasure, and just this one time had some momentary pain in the context of pleasure and comfort otherwise. That's not at all like Vaginismus or other chronic vaginal pain conditions, so there's no need for us to talk about that condition with you or its treatment, because there's nothing here at all to suggest you have this disorder.

When something like that says sexual trauma, they mean sexual abuse or assault. The wanted insertion of your own finger is not a sexual trauma, nor does trauma just mean "had discomfort."

When nothing is inside the vagina, it is a closed canal, so that canal being closed once your finger was no longer in it is not unusual nor a cause for concern.

What sounds most likely is that you just managed to hurt yourself, which isn't uncommon with hands or fingers and the vulva and vagina, which are delicate tissue. A minor scratch, getting the wrong angle for a second, losing lubrication: there are all common things that can and often do cause pain with this kind of activity.

Search engines really cannot act like healthcare providers (and when you don't have a larger education in the area of health you're reading about, it's easy to misunderstand health content), so if and when you do have a sexual health concern, rather than going online to a search engine, you want to consult a healthcare provider.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Cinzia Mi
not a newbie

ah, I see... I'm really sorry, I should have read more info before writing here
thanx for replying
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

No need to apologize! One of the reasons we're here is to help clear up things people don't understand about health and health information. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Cinzia Mi
not a newbie

Thank you so much, this site helped me so much lately <3
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

You're welcome. :) Can we help you with anything else today?
Cinzia Mi
not a newbie

aww thank you! actually yes... I wonder if my hole will open again ^^; actually I decided that I will not use it again, it isn't necessary to feel pleasure, after all
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Again, the vaginal opening is something that is always collapsed on itself unless something is placed inside of it. So, it is not like it sits "open" at any time, or is something locked closed to you now because you felt some resistance with entry that last time after you hurt yourself.
Cinzia Mi
not a newbie

perfect, thanx again (for the 4° time, hehe ^_^)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic