On the pill but confused?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kookykandy16
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: crazy hair
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

On the pill but confused?

Unread post by kookykandy16 »

I am sexually active with my boyfriend and each and every single time we have sex,we use condoms. I've been taking the pill since January 15 at 9pm each day(except the time i took it almost at 11pm last week). I am on the 2nd placebo pill this week, about to take the 3rd tonight and i noticed some light brown blood last night so i put on a pad thinking it'll turn into a full blown period in the morning like what usually happens but when i checked this morning , the pad is practically dry with the exception of a tiny but of light brown blood. Could this be considered a period since im on the pill? Will it eventually turn into a regular period? Last pack of pills, my period didnt come until i was 3 or 4 pills into the placebo week, I'm really worried. Should i just wait it out?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: On the pill but confused?

Unread post by Heather »

Alas, we are not period psychics. :P

So, whether or not this becomes your period is only something you'll find out over the next couple of days by seeing if there is more flow. All you can do is wait it out.

It sounds to me like even with condoms and now adding the pill, you still feel concerned about pregnancy. Why do you think that is, given that using those two methods combined, and both properly, gets you as close to 100% protection as possible?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic