What could this be?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
emilzewinter
not a newbie

What could this be?

Unread post by emilzewinter »

My lower abdomen feels weird, it hurts when I press on it and my lower back hurts too. I only poop once a day and very little so maybe gas? I am not about to get my period or anything, so not pms symptoms. I always feel tired too. What could this be? I haven't had vaginal sex.
emilzewinter
not a newbie

Re: What could this be?

Hello?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Please post within the guidelines you agreed to when you registered and do not bump posts when you have not waited over 24 hours for an answer. Thanks!

As you know from previous questions like this, and the disclaimer at the bottom of every page here, we can't stand in for a healthcare provider. And that's the only kind of person who can evaluate symptoms like these to figure out what, if anything, is going on with your body.

So, if you want to know what's up with this stuff, what you want to do is to see a healthcare provider. Given this new post and your post history, I'd say the relevant things to bring up with them are:
- A pattern of fear and anxiety, particularly around pregnancy
- Fatigue
- Digestive issues, including abdominal pain

Mind, all of those things are potentially (and given your post history, I'd say probably) related to the anxiety, as things like feeling very tired and experiencing digestive issues often are.

How is it going with the counselor you started seeing? have you been able to more clearly voice what you need, and ask for a referral if they do not seem to be able to provide the kind of help you need? What have they suggested, so far?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
emilzewinter
not a newbie

I went to the ER because I was having intense lower abdominal pain and was diagnosed with a 5.4cm cyst. It appeared on the ultrasound. Could a pregnancy be confused for a cyst? I feel like a bruise along with pain so I guess the cyst explains my symptoms.
I am seeing a new psychologist this Wednesday.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

By all means, sometimes people with ovarian cysts have similar symptoms people in early pregnancy have. What you just want to do is follow up with anything the healthcare providers you saw with this are suggesting.

I'm glad to hear you went ahead and saw someone for healthcare like this, and that you've been able to find a new therapist.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic