can garlic cure a yeast infection?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
xskinnyx

can garlic cure a yeast infection?

Unread post by xskinnyx »

Hi,

I have a few symptoms that I tried to soothe with "vagisyl" for a few days but since they are still there I have concluded I have a yeast infection. Right now it's itchy, sensitive and there is some weird white discharge down there. I just did an STI test and I had chlamydia but now it's clear and it might be the antibiotics that brought the yeast unbalance.
I wanted to try a home remedy before going to a gyno or something just to get it over with promptly. Everywhere I research they suggest inserting a peeled but uncut clove of garlic in your hoo-ha with maybe a rope tied to it if you are worried you wont be able to push it out... So I'm just looking for your insight in this before I go ahead and try it out!

Thanks for what you guys do! I used to use this website all the time when I was a teenager and I thought I could try it again! :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: can garlic cure a yeast infection?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi xskinny,

I have seen garlic recommended as well, but I am not turning up a reliable enough source that confirms it as a treatment. And, when someone has what they think is a yeast infection, we advise a gyno visit both to rule out alternative causes, but also because what they prescribe is likely to deal with infection fairly quickly and efficiently.

In the mean time, if you need to soothe the symptoms, cranberry juice or tablets are your friend, as is yogurt, which can help restore good bacteria.
xskinnyx

Unread post by xskinnyx »

Eat the yogourt? cuz I also saw people freezing it and inserting it over night..
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Skinny,

You can use yogurt two ways (and it needs to be organic and plain): you can eat it, or you can use it as a poultice and spread it either on or in the vagina.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic