what's up with my body and the pill?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Berry124
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: 'straight', heterosexual

what's up with my body and the pill?

Unread post by Berry124 »

Hey, I have been on the pill for four months now and have started my fifth months worth of pills. Before I started the pill my periods had a wide range of variety in terms.of the number of days I would have them and the PMS symptoms I would get. Before I started the pill my periods had gone down from.seven days (in the summer.months) to four or five days of bleeding, now I'm on the pill.I've had 7 days of bleeding the first month, 6 the second, and five the third and my most current one (started Sunday night) is still going which is seven days. Is this anything to be concerned about? Before it I came on my bleed I had hot flushed and raised temperature and slight cramps the usual however I also had a stomach bug and upset out of the blue for a week, could this have affected my pills? I haven't had intercourse or any direct genital contact so this is not my concern but I have had a fairly.normal bleed.for those I have on the pill but it has lasted seven days of red.blood and has been extremely painful. Could all this be caused by my body trying to ovulate as the pill.probably didn't stay in my system.for long enough due to stomach each upset? Also is it normal to have bleeds that lasted 7 days long when your natural cycles.were between 5/4 for months before starting the pill? Is this cramping normal? I never have cramps with periods and bleeds only ever a few days before and the first few hours of past periods and bleeds. Could my body be trying to go back to its natural, pill-free cycle and now it's.confused as I'm taking the pills again? Not sure if this is normal or not, thx
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: what's up with my body and the pill?

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, Berry. :)

I know Heather and many other volunteers have been talking with you in depth about this, but seriously, this is something where the person to have this conversation with is your healthcare provider. Most of the questions -- if not all -- are questions we just cannot answer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic