I'm confused...

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
veggiemonster
not a newbie

Re: I'm confused...

Unread post by veggiemonster »

Thats a good point and i need to start doing that. Hurting like this is really crappy, Im not sure if i ever have felt something this bad before. Im not sure what I need but I think time with friends and time away from this madness might be a good start. Thank you very much for your help, i have a hard time thinking about myself first sometimes but i need to start trying.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Glad to be of any help I can. :) I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this.

How do you also generally do with self-care? If that's something else you struggle with, you might find some simple ways to start doing more of that -- and it's even more vital when we're dealing with trauma or loss, and in your case, both -- here: Self-Care a La Carte.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
veggiemonster
not a newbie

hahaha i opened that self care page and it was awesome. i think i know how to do that stuff, when i was younger i had to work really hard on improving self image and i know i love myself and am capable of taking care of myself, but it feels like its been a while since ive remembered to do it, especially through all of this. i might just print out that list and follow it like the bible...
veggiemonster
not a newbie

right now im doing lots of the things listed in the "frenemies" column...i started feeling really guilty when i was reading them...think im ready to fix that.
Thank you so much
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

No shame! No guilt! For serious: we're all only human, and we make mistakes or missteps sometimes, or drop good habits. It happens, and nobody sucks when it does. We just need to get back on the horse, as it were, with the good-for-us stuff when we realize we lost our way.

You're so welcome. :) Feel free to ping back here as you need to! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic