ovulation or virus?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
adriacowe
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'd like to major in fine arts
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

ovulation or virus?

Unread post by adriacowe »

So the dayof Easter i had a stomach ache that slowly increased through the day. I went walking with my bf to try to ease it, Georgia spring weather, and by the time we got to my back yard i was throwing up pure stomach acid and water. I had the egg yolk kind of mucus for about 4 days now. Is that common of ovulation? It's never happened before.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: ovulation or virus?

Unread post by Heather »

For people to be able to tell soundly when they are ovulating, they'll need to have very regular cycles, and to have been charting daily for a while -- charting cervical mucus, basal temperatures or, ideally, both -- and then, after a few months of doing so at a minimum, also have the education to be able to interpret those charts.

Someone just having a given kind of mucus in one cycle just doesn't tell us anything sound, and things like stomach issues, especially something like vomiting, are way more likely to be related to gastrointestinal stuff than to ovulation, anyway. Ovulation is generally something very subtle for most people, not something that tends to cause things like stomach upset.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic