Diarrhoea and bcp

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kudfc6f5duxc
not a newbie

Diarrhoea and bcp

Unread post by kudfc6f5duxc »

Hi i took my pill then had loose stools soon after, but not massively watery at all. A few hours later this happened twice again, this time quite bait more watery. It has now stopped. I understand that diarrhoea is 6 severe watery stools in 24 hrs. Since I do not have this, can i assume my bcp is absorbed?> or is this a substantial risk for which i need condoms? sorry for the tmi, have seen conflicting answers on the net, and thanks!
kudfc6f5duxc
not a newbie

Re: Diarrhoea and bcp

sorry, my leaflet says take another one if you have 'very bad diahhrea' i dont know what constitutes very bad?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Medically speaking, diarrhea is a pattern of very loose stools over several days. A slightly loose stool or two is not that.

That said, given your posting history, that's chock full of worries about using your pill alone, I think backing up with condoms as a constant -- as in, you always use the pill and condoms -- is a change that would benefit you regardless. It's cheap, it's easy, it also gives you protection against infections, and it allows your partner to share responsibility. So many pros. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
kudfc6f5duxc
not a newbie

thank you!!!! so to clarify, whilst using condoms isnt neccessarry in this case, it would benefit me mentally? :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

If you do what I just did and take a look at your post history, I think you'll find it equally obvious. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic