Changes in vagina after...

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
BP

Changes in vagina after...

Unread post by BP »

Every time I get sick (common cold, stomach flu, etc) I notice that the scent of my vaginal discharge changes for a week or so. It just smells OFF and not in a good way. I was wondering if this is normal and why it happens exactly? It freaks me out.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Changes in vagina after...

Unread post by Heather »

The vaginal environment -- when it comes to its pH balance, and it's balance of "good" and "bad" bacteria -- tends to be a sensitive one, and one where there are very constant changes and fluctuations. Just plain old daily life contributes to that, but by all means, things like illness can often play a part and create temporary changes, too.

But if you find that things seem really off often, you do want to make sure you are current with your sexual/reproductive healthcare, to be sure that's not because you have some kind of infection like BV, for instance, that needs treatment. Are you current with that care? If not, do you know where to find it?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic