Nipple discharge..??!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
lollippx
Pronouns: she/her

Nipple discharge..??!

Unread post by lollippx »

What the heck?? So, I am having a pregnancy scare (which I'm obsessing about.) and 2 nights ago for gods know what I went to the bathroom and squeezed my boob and a white liquid came out? It happens with the other breast too but a much less smaller ammount and some of its clear?
Now, I really have to squeeze to get it out but it does come, I've never done this before so I don't know if this is a common occurence if I do that?? idk.. I've taken almost 10 HPT and all negative, so I can't be pregnant?! (I google everything, its torture!)
Last time I had sex was a bit before my last period (which did come) and my next period is absent. (8 weeks since last period!)
My only method of BC is condoms too, and I check everytime for leaks or tears.

I'm going to go to a clinic soon but I'd like a bit of feedback on my situation? Should I ask for a blood test? I went to the doctor last thursday and he didn't care that my period was absent and blamed it on my anxiety.. So.. I dunno. (I restarted my antidepressants then too!)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Nipple discharge..??!

Unread post by Heather »

So, stop Googling everything, silly. :P

One pregnancy test with a negative result tells you a pregnancy isn't happening here. 10 tells you...well, you know what it tells you, and it's about obsessing, not pregnancy. :) Blood tests aren't any more effective than urine tests. The only reason someone would usually run a blood test is if urine tests were not giving clear results, or to verify a positive result.

By all means, if you have breast health concerns -- and nipple discharges -- checking in with a doctor is a good idea, but not because of pregnancy, but to make sure your breasts are all okay, and you're not dealing with something like a duct infection.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic