My vagina is weird

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Es7804
not a newbie

My vagina is weird

Unread post by Es7804 »

I'm having brownish yellow discharge in my underwear and im a week away from my placebo pills. I lost my virginity saturday... Could that have anything to do with it?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: My vagina is weird

Unread post by Heather »

Have you already read our information on the site about vaginal discharges?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Es7804
not a newbie

Unread post by Es7804 »

No, I looked but couldnt find anything on it. Could I have the link?:)
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

We ask users to please search the main site before posting on the boards, so if you could get in the habit of doing that, that'd be awesome.

Here's what I got when I put "vaginal discharge" in the main site search (which is on the top right of every main site page, including the front page): http://www.scarleteen.com/search/node?k ... +discharge

Most of the links on that first page of results address this question.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Es7804
not a newbie

Unread post by Es7804 »

I read and understood that its an infection of some sort. Could I just use summers eve wash or do I need to be on some sort of medication? I'm currently on an antibiotic for something else- does that need a seperate one?
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Nothing I gave you there -- or anything we can give anyone here, period -- would have told you you have an infection. That's something only an in-person healthcare provider can determine. As well, most of the content that page linked to made clear that there is a range with discharge, so what you are experiencing may have zip to do with infection. Neither you nor we can determine if you need medication.

If, however, you are concerned you have an infection, then seeing a healthcare provider is your next step. In the meantime, you want to avoid things like douches and scented "washes." Those things are actually more linked to causing imbalances and infections than to helping with them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic