Penis Ring!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
xmetalgirl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Artsy Fartsy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: Female

Penis Ring!

Unread post by xmetalgirl »

Hey guys!
Do you put a penis ring at the base of the condom but is still on top of the condom? Or do you put it under the base of the condom on the skin? I cannot really find the answer to this anywhere lol
I am wondering if it is on top of the condom will it damage it/not be enough room or not make a difference? I got a plain, stretchy/jelly one with no spikes or anything on it
xmetalgirl
not a newbie

Re: Penis Ring!

Would just like an opinion:)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Condoms are rarely going to roll all the way down to the base-base, or stay there after someone puts them on. So, when someone is adding a ring, it's most often going to sit under the condom. But even if it rolled up a bit, when it's not one of the pokey ones, you're all good. No need to worry about condom issues with that.

(It's good to see you, btw! How have you been? :))
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
xmetalgirl
not a newbie

I am good Heather, thank you for asking! How have you been lately? :)

You know actually for a while now, since when I was a teenager I noticed that I have been going through an identity crisis! The past couple of months I have been able to kind of organize myself better (but still struggling a little) I don't know how to exactly explain this. Basically, I have not been able to just feel comfortable in my skin no matter what I do. Like I would dye my hair many colors, cut it differently, try different clothes, judge myself and every little thing about myself (I blame the stupid media lol) and still not feeling an identity. I know that there are a lot of girls and boys going through this now,, iit is similar to how some girls and guys are struggling with gender/transgender identity (which can also be hard too.) Do you think you could make one of those forums where the scarleteen team talks about their life experiences growing up with identity issues/how they overcame it/if they went through phases/how you guys grew up? I found the forums where the scarleteen team talked about your experiences with birth control/contraceptives/issues etc with the pros and cons list to be very comforting and helped me out a lot when I wanted to know about other people's experiences with them. I don't have many people to talk to about these types of issues and when I would read through the questions you guys answered it is just like getting many opinions/advices (without having to feel embarassed or judged) Even adding an article about this issue would be good, the articles on here are awesome lol
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

That's a great topic: why don't you go ahead and start it yourself? :)

I wonder if you might think about trying to be okay with all those question marks, and just try to enjoy this life phase of being able to just explore and experiment?

And I am okay myself, thanks for asking! After a few years of chronic illness with no luck getting it managed at all, I finally found a good doctor and a medication that has me starting to improve! Also, I love summer the most, so I always am happiest when it's arriving. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic