Birth Pills

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
bluedecember
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Female

Birth Pills

Unread post by bluedecember »

Hi. I've been taking Marvelon for almost 6 months now. I have never really noticed any changes aside from getting really dizzy. For the past months, I've been getting really bad dizziness that I need to take up medicines to ease it up. But now, it doesn't come too often anymore.. But these past few days, I've been producing clear discharge. I've read that it's normal to get this even if in birth pills and not ovulating. But aside from that, these past few days, I noticed that my sex drive decreased. I haven't really felt that when I started taking pills, but now, It really has decreased. I also haven't noticed BEFORE that my mood gradually changed. Like, I get irritable too often. But now, I noticed that I really did. The pill is affecting my emotions. And my boyfriend is just understanding that its a side effect of the pill. What is really the harm of taking birth control pills? Should I stop it? And just stay away from vaginal intercourse? I mean, i like the advantages of taking pills.. But if it will slowly change me, then I'm willing to just stop. Any suggestions or can you please educate me more about birth control pills? Thank you so much.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Birth Pills

Unread post by Heather »

This is a conversation to have with the healthcare provider who prescribes your pills for you.

It could be some or all of this is related to your pill, it could be none of it is. But the place to start to do the best you can to figure that out is with your prescribing physician.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic