Alternative

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
baconpancake
not a newbie
Primary language: Filipino and English
Pronouns: Cat
Sexual identity: Cat

Alternative

Unread post by baconpancake »

Hey guys, in my country, Plan B pills are banned. I just want to know and ask you guys if there is an alternative pill/s to intake that is not a Plan B pill, but could still work as a Plan B? Thanks.

It's frustrating here in our country, we, the teens, or even the fully grown women, don't have enough knowledge and access to these things, because most people think that birth controls and such are only for people who are already married.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Alternative

Unread post by Heather »

Some regular birth control pills can work as emergency contraceptives, too.

For a list of which ones, and what dosages to use, for your country (you'll choose from a drop-down menu), check this out: http://ec.princeton.edu/countryquery.asp

(And I agree with you. The BC bans in some country make my blood boil, and same goes for when any legal policy is informed by making sex only lawful or acceptable for married people.)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
baconpancake
not a newbie
Primary language: Filipino and English
Pronouns: Cat
Sexual identity: Cat

Unread post by baconpancake »

Thank you for the link, it's very helpful. BUT, the pharmacies here are not helpful, they won't sell me the birth control pills that would work as a Plan B, because they said I look "too young" to buy them. I even got a little discriminated because they said I have no respect for myself because I engaged in sex too early.

I just wanted to share this experience because it's sad that people in my country are not open with safe sex to teenagers and unmarried people.
Scarlett
Pronouns: she/her

Unread post by Scarlett »

Maybe think of asking a parent or other family member to get the pill for you as a viable option. Or you could tell the pharmacist that you want BC to regulate an unruly period. Even though a prescription is not required, maybe acquiring a prescription anyway at a local clinic could override whatever opinion the pharmacist has on the matter?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic