Itching around vagina

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Rosemary
not a newbie

Itching around vagina

Unread post by Rosemary »

Hey there so last week I shaved around my pubic area a lot, so bikini line and basically almost everything I could see and I've always shaved so it isn't anything new I just was a bit more thorough. Then the next day my boyfriend gave me oral sex for the first time. I've already given him a blow job but it was my first time receiving it. We haven't had sex yet.
And so the next day I felt these bumps on the inside of my thigh near my vagina and then it started becoming itchy and its stayed like that for about 4 days now and it still itches and the bumps are still there. They are red and kinda collected in one place. I don't know if this is just ingrown hairs and my hair is just regrowing or it could be an std. I spoke to my boyfriend and he says he doesn't have anything and I believe him as neither one of us has slept with anyone else however we have never been tested either so I'm not sure what to think because I'm reading that some stds you can get without ever knowing it. Please help me figure out what I have it's stressing me out!
Rosemary
not a newbie

Re: Itching around vagina

Unread post by Rosemary »

Oh and my like pubic bone kinda hurts like it feels bruised and the bumps look more like red patches...
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Itching around vagina

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi rosemary,

There isn't really a way for us to tell you what the red bumps are, as we cannot diagnose people via the internet. So, if you're concerned, I would check in with a healthcare provider. It's possible that these are just ingrown hairs, but you'll want to check with someone who can look at them to be sure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic