The Pill and Spotting?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
_itsmeisa
not a newbie
Primary language: portuguese
Pronouns: she her
Sexual identity: heterossexual girl

Re: The Pill and Spotting?

Unread post by _itsmeisa »

Right. In my case I should wait 2 weeks before panicking, because next week is placebo week. Is that correct?

Also, could it be an abortion if I was pregnant and didn't know? I don't think I had a pregnancy chance with perfect condoms, but the blood is really red, almost pink, like new blood instead of brownish old. And there are minor cramps.
_itsmeisa
not a newbie
Primary language: portuguese
Pronouns: she her
Sexual identity: heterossexual girl

Unread post by _itsmeisa »

Well, Sam W, if it lasts more than 2 weeks in my case, right? Because next week is placebo week and bleeding again is possible.

I feel like the flow increases and decreases during the day. It increases if I exercise and the blood is new, red and not coagulated. Can I rule out an abortion if I didn't knew I was pregnant?

(sorry for double posting, mobile internet issues)
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Karyn »

Changes in flow are not unusual with periods, and the colour can vary as well. If you are concerned about it, however, then the best thing you can do is to check in with a doctor.

You are also voicing concerns again about pregnancy here, and as Heather has already made clear, we cannot and will not keep reassuring you. That is a hard limit: please respect it. At this point we have given you all the information we can about your pill and its effectiveness, and it does not seem to have helped you feel more comfortable. Your options now are to look into switching to another method like the implant or an IUD, or to take sex off the table completely for now.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic