Bleeding again

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Rainbowhooves
not a newbie

Bleeding again

Unread post by Rainbowhooves »

I took plan b on the 13th after the condom broke. I had sex again on the 19th and my period on the 21st. I usually have three day periods and had a really heavy flow on the 2nd day. I started birth control pills yesterday. Anyways yesterday I also notice I have begun bleeding again. It's not alot and it's a light flow like when the period is going away.

Is this normal after plan b?

Thanks.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Bleeding again

Unread post by Heather »

When taking any medication, it's always really important to read the patient information that comes with it, be that something like Plan B, an antidepressant, an antibiotic, and so forth. Mostly, that's for your health and safety, but that information also will always include common side effects. So, in the Plan B info -- the patient information that comes with it, but also the information posted about it on our main site or other health sites -- includes information on how, for instance, menstrual cycles getting a bit out of whack and intermittent or unpredictable bleeding or spotting are one of the most common side effects.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic