The awesomeness of awkward

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

The awesomeness of awkward

Unread post by Karyn »

When you're just starting your sexual life, or at the beginning of a new relationship (and plenty of other times too) there can be some pressure to do things "right" during sex; pressure to not be awkward or seem like you don't know what you're doing.

But hey, sex is awkward sometimes. Things don't always happen the way you want: we all have bodies that aren't totally predictable, that may not respond exactly the way we'd like all the time. Occasionally somebody falls off the bed, or is ticklish in an unexpected place, or does something that's intended to be sexy but turns out to be hilarious instead. Awkwardness comes up pretty frequently in conversations on the boards here, so I thought it might be useful to have a thread for sharing stories about awkward sex experiences that turned out not to be such a big deal after all.

So: what have your awkward moments been, and how did you deal with awkwardness when it happened?
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
magentakitty
not a newbie
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

Re: The awesomeness of awkward

Unread post by magentakitty »

Haha... we waited to have actual PIV intercourse till our honeymoon... and we actually bumped heads on one of our first times... we laughed and kept going. lol
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: The awesomeness of awkward

Unread post by Sam W »

I kept my socks on for what turned out to be the first time my partner and I had sex (and they were not sexy socks either) because I could not think of an "alluring" or not awkward way to remove them. For years, my partner had apparently just assumed that I had been cold so I left them on (but he definitely noticed).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic