no pms

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
confused123
not a newbie

no pms

Unread post by confused123 »

I'm anxiously waiting for my period, I have no idea when its going to come because it was a week early last week. My cycle is on average 35 days. Should I expect it to be shorter now or could last month have been a fluke? I'm not having any PMS symptoms and I usually do by now
confused123
not a newbie

Re: no pms

I don't think I'm pregnant because
1. I had protected sex using 2 methods
2. my doctor told me the bleeding I had was most likely a period & definitely not implantation bleeding
3. I had a negative blood test (they've actually gotten more sensitive! My understanding was they test for 5 ml of HGC but now they test for 2 so that's reassuring)
4. I took a home pregnancy test 21 days after having sex and with first morning urine it was negative
5. My doctor has told me I'm not pregnant

(Sorry for the lengthy list, I just needed it to remind myself)

I'm just scared that if my period doesn't come this month I'll get really worried all over again
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

As you know, we lack magic powers to make period predictions with. But it sounds like you remain in a struggle with chronic anxiety around this.

Have you been working more with your therapist on this? If so, again, how are they suggesting you manage these persistent fears?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
confused123
not a newbie

I don't have a therapist yet, I've been seeing a councilor at school and both she and my doctor have given me some referrals to councilors who specialize in dealing with teens, I'm planning to go see one on Thursday
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Great news!

So, until then, how about focusing on self-care and things besides these fears?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
confused123
not a newbie

can my period still come without me having PMS?
and I tried but it doesn't seem to work :( I always feel stressed, maybe the ones I tried just weren't a good fit
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

Yes. Bodies are not machines and they not always behave and react the same way.

What about trying to avoid or reduce your time at the computer, where you focus more about this and instead do something that requires more of your energy like running or baking some goodies? The more you focus on other things, the better. ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic