Thick creamy off white discharge

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
busylizzie
not a newbie

Thick creamy off white discharge

Unread post by busylizzie »

I take the pill and have never missed one. I got my last period as normal and started my next pack of pills as normal. However, since my last period I have had this thick creamy discharge. I've been to the doctors and had a swan sent to the lab but won't get the result for a week. I have now started to see a little bit of blood on my toilet roll when I wipe. I'm really scared about what this means...I'm not bleeding generally just the tiniest spots of blood on the toilet paper. I have had sex only using my pill as contraception this pill packet five days ago. Other times condoms were used. I'm getting really paranoid about std's or pregnancies and I think I just need some calming down. I can't talk to my boyfriend at the moment because he's in Germany till next Tuesday. Thanks so much x
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Thick creamy off white discharge

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi busylizzie,

You did the sound thing and went to the doctor when you were worried, so high five there. At this point, your best bet is to do some self-care to help you calm down until you get the results.

Are you and your partner up to date on your STI tests?
busylizzie
not a newbie

Yes thanks :) I get a bit panicky sometimes
I'm ok re sti's but my boyfriend isn't necessarily, he had an updated test for chlamydia recently but not anything else for a while-something which will certainly be rectified when he gets back next week now that I've had these worries. And I'll make sure now in future that me and my partner are always properly up to date. Lesson learnt
What sort of stuff would these kinds of symptoms generally point towards?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Sounds like a good plan. I can't diagnose via internet, and it's possible that this is just come heavier than normal discharge. But it could also be a symptom of an infection. You can read about that in more detail here:
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions
busylizzie
not a newbie

Thanks for your help! I'll try to relax and not panic till I can know what's going on for sure ☺️
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Just FYI both thicker discharge and light spotting are common things that happen when using hormonal methods like the pill. So, that is the most likely culprit here.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic