Oral sex and oral hygene

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
GegenAlle
not a newbie

Oral sex and oral hygene

Unread post by GegenAlle »

Hey all, I have a question:

Yesterday I engaged with oral sex for the first time with my girlfriend (her receiving). We also did the same the morning after. We've been together for a year now, and the only STI history both of us have had (that I know of) is two short episodes of thrush, or otherwise itching and smelly, white vaginal discharge that required cream. At the time when we engaged in oral sex the first time, I brushed my teeth recently (evening), although by the next time, in the morning, I wasn't nearly as fresh. I have some acne, but my skin isn't egregiously greasy or anything, and I have no cuts on the inside of my mouth.

Taking all of the above into consideration, do you think there was risk of any STIs or similar problems happening? Especially moreso that we didn't use any barriers.
Emma
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My love of travel and exploration!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Don't use any :)

Re: Oral sex and oral hygene

Unread post by Emma »

Unprotected oral sex always poses a risk of STIs, even if it's a small one. Cunnilingus is listed on this chart as a "moderate risk" activity. No matter what symptoms have actually been presented in the past, partner STI testing is always a good idea to make absolutely sure that neither of you are carrying any infections you might not see obvious signs of. On that same chart, it lists the STIs you're most at risk for in regards to oral sex, if you want to have a list of infections to check for.
"What happens when people open their hearts? They get better." — Haruki Murakami
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic