LOWER ABDOMINAL PAIN PLEASE HELP!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Kkevin2110

LOWER ABDOMINAL PAIN PLEASE HELP!

Unread post by Kkevin2110 »

I had protected sex with my girlfriend on June 15. I made sure the condom was on correctly no rips/didn't slide off. (Held onto the condom for a good portion of the time we had sex) it did slip around just a minimal miniscule amount but fixed it right away. She had her regular period starting June 18 and ended 4-5 days later around the 22nd. It's July 2nd and she told me shes experiencing lower sharp abdominal pain across her stomach. Should I be concerened that it is a pregnancy risk? Or something normal? Help I am very worried and want to put my mind at ease.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: LOWER ABDOMINAL PAIN PLEASE HELP!

Unread post by Karyn »

Condoms are very effective at preventing pregnancy when used properly, and since it sounds like you used the condom correctly and it did not break or slip off, then there is no reason to be concerned about pregnancy. This piece gives you your next steps: The Pregnancy Panic Companion

There are many possible causes of abdominal pain. If your girlfriend is having pain for more than a few days, or it is very severe, then she needs to see a healthcare provider about it.

(I've deleted your duplicate post, btw. Double posting doesn't get your question answered any faster and it's against the guidelines you agreed to when you signed up. Thanks!)
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Kkevin2110

Re: LOWER ABDOMINAL PAIN PLEASE HELP!

Unread post by Kkevin2110 »

Sorry about that and thank you so much!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic