How can I tell if a boy is fine with French kissing?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
AnnahPanda
Awesomeness Quotient: I get along well with boys
Primary language: English
Pronouns: I like being called Gamer
Sexual identity: Virgin

How can I tell if a boy is fine with French kissing?

Unread post by AnnahPanda »

I have a crush and I think he likes me too but what I'm wondering is my favorite kind of kiss (even though I've never been kissed) is French kissing, but I don't know if he would be comfortable with that. Advice?
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: How can I tell if a boy is fine with French kissing?

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi AnnahPanda,

Welcome to the boards. It's great that you are concerned with what your crush is comfortable with, but can I suggest that you back up a bit? Sounds like the first thing you want to do is see if you all are on the same or a similar page. How about talking to your crush about your feelings and asking them about how they feel? From there you all would be in a better position to discuss any type of intimacy, which would include kissing, but also might include things like spending more time together or spending time together in a way that is different from how you have in the past.

And kissing is something that has a lot of variety, even when talking about "french kissing". That could look so different for different people. Even for you. Since french kissing is something that you haven't done before you might find, in the future, that it is not your favorite type of kiss or that you like french kisses more one way than another or better with a certain person or better in the rain....I could go on and on, but the point is that this is something that might not always stay the same and just as important as it is to see if the person you are kissing will be comfortable with it, it is also important to explore what you are comfortable with and want as well!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic