Yet Another Birth Control Pill Question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
smile1234
not a newbie

Yet Another Birth Control Pill Question

Unread post by smile1234 »

Hi Scarleteen Staff!
Happy Fourth Of July to all of you in the U.S.!
I am on my the last day (Saturday) of my second week of my fourth pack of combination birth control pills. For the past 3 months I experienced period like breakthrough bleeding that started on the Thursday or Friday of my second week of active pills and lasted through 5 days of my placebo pills. This month, however I am not experiencing any breakthrough bleeding. For the past three months as well as this month I experienced breast tenderness and minor cramping before the breakthrough bleeding, but this time the breakthrough bleeding had not happened. I have been good with taking pills on time, only an hour past my set time at the latest if I'm late taking it, and sometimes 30 minutes before my set time if I know I won't be able to take them right on time. Am I at risk for pregnancy or is this my body adjusting to the pills?

Thank you and gave a fantastic day!
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Yet Another Birth Control Pill Question

Unread post by Eddie C »

Bodies are not machines and they will not always react or do the same things. If you are worried about pregnancy you always have the option to test. That's actually the only way to know if someone is pregnant or not. Though, if you take your pills the way they were prescribed the chances of pregnancy are very low. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic