Missed periods and the ' mini pill'

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
t-dawg
not a newbie

Missed periods and the ' mini pill'

Unread post by t-dawg »

Hi there :)

I've been on the pill microlut for the past 6-7 months. Through out that time, I haven't got my period. But the past few weeks I've been getting cramping, similar feeling to period cramps as well as sore breasts. I haven't had cramps since being on this pill, so I'm just curious to if its just my period or if it's something more serious? And is it normal to not get your period for that amount of time?

Thank you
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Missed periods and the ' mini pill'

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi t-dawg,

I will say that, while everyone's body will react a little differently to the pill, going that long without a period is not common. So, it might be time to check in with the doctor who gave you the pill and let them know that's been happening.

As for the cramps, we can't diagnose them via the internet, but if they feel like period cramps, then there's a good chance they are. If they continue and don't seem to be linked to a period, then it's time to check with a healthcare provider about them to make sure nothing else is up.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
t-dawg
not a newbie

Unread post by t-dawg »

Alright thank you :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Just FYI, though, for a decent number of people, progestin-only methods do result in very sporadic periods. For some, in the cessation of periods altogether. So, this could be about your pill.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic