Itching is driving me nuts

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Rainbowhooves
not a newbie

Itching is driving me nuts

Unread post by Rainbowhooves »

So I had posted earlier about itching in my private area.

I called up a clinic but they cannot see me unless I change my health insurance to them which I cannot do right now so I went to the hospital.

It was very traumatic. They used a speculate to swab my cervix. It was all very painful.

They gave me Metronidazole and then another pill for the yeast infection it will cause. He didnt tell me when to take it and there is no information.

It's day three of treatment and the itch is still strong. I think I even bled today.

This is all so stressful. I cant get to a GYN to find out what the heck I have and dont know when to take that one pill. The itching is controlling me right now.

I have an idea of what happened: My boyfriend accidentally scratched me and we used a new lube the next day. I can only assume .

Any advice? Is the antibiotics suppose to take so long to relive me?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Itching is driving me nuts

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Rainbowhooves,
Yikes, I'm sorry the hospital visit was so stressful

If you continue the treatment and do not notice a decrease in symptoms, then you will need to go back to a doctor and tell them that. If you're wondering about how to use this specific treatment, or how long it usually takes, you can call a pharmacy and ask them to advise you.

You may also want to check out this article, as it has suggestions on how to soothe yeast infections besides medication:
Yeast Infections
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic