Why Scarleteen staff is the best?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
salma2910
not a newbie

Why Scarleteen staff is the best?

Unread post by salma2910 »

First of all, that's not a question, that's my experience with scarleteen.
About 8 days after my period was due, me and my boyfriend were engaged into manual sex. He ejaculated on his hands, washed them with water. About 45 minutes later he touched me. That day I wasn't worried at all, I knew that being pregnant was impossible that way.
After 2 days, I thought I could check some online information that can confirm my rational thoughts, but things didn't turn out to be so right.
Online forums do not present the real pregnancy risks, they are just a bunch of scared teenagers replying to each other and that's not the kind of information you'd like to know when you might have some emotional pregnancy doubts.
Doing some research around online forums, I started to get scared, then really scared and then I panicked, that's exactly when I found scarleteen.
I read all the articles concerned with pregnancy risks, I talked to Jacob twice through the online chat and he really helped me understand my emotions about this whole pregnancy thing.
Jacob said that manual sex represents a zero pregnancy risk. That was reassuring but I couldn't stop my irrational worries from developing, so I explained to him that I live in a very conservative country, where sexual acts are prohibited and being pregnant in such a community is scandal. He really helped me understand my fears and that they were only the consequence of my extreme suppression by my religion and my country.
Today is the 28th day of my cycle, I just got my period an hour ago and I would love to thank scarleteen for making me go through these three weeks with the minimum pregnancy scare, I might also consider contraceptives though I'm virgin.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Why Scarleteen staff is the best?

Unread post by Jacob »

This has brightened up my day Salma! Thank you so much for coming here to say all this and I'm glad that all those issues have become easier to manage!
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic