alcohol and pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kudfc6f5duxc
not a newbie

alcohol and pill

Unread post by kudfc6f5duxc »

I had sex on monday, and last night (wednesday) i was drunk at a party (not completely, maybe just tipsy) and then i remembered id forgotten to take the pill that day so i took it about 16 hours late. Am i covered?
Emma
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My love of travel and exploration!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Don't use any :)

Re: alcohol and pill

Unread post by Emma »

Hi, esTa. Your coverage depends on whether you take a combination pill or a progestin-only ("mini") pill. If you're taking a combo pill, and it's after the first week of your pill pack, since your last pill was less than 24 hours ago, you should be covered (but it can't hurt to use a backup method like a condom which prevents STI transmission, anyway). If it's the first week of a new pack, use a backup method (condom, diaphragm, etc) if you have sex in the next 7 days. If you'e on the mini-pill, even being a few hours late means you need to use a backup method if you have sex for the next 2 days.

If you plan on partying frequently, maybe you should consider a different form of BC because the pill is very easy to forget and that can cause a lot of worry--if you need suggestions, let me know!
"What happens when people open their hearts? They get better." — Haruki Murakami
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic