Birth Control

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
mcdreamy

Birth Control

Unread post by mcdreamy »

Hi, I've been on birth control pills for a few months now. Last month I tried to skip my period by taking a new pack of birth control during my inactive week. I ended still getting my period/breakthrough bleeding which lasted about 1.5 weeks. I still continued taking the pill, now I'm wondering if I'll be getting my period during the new packs inactive week or if I'll get it when I was suppose to get my normal period since I bled during the first week of that new pill's pack. Also, if I don't get my period during the inactive week (should it come during the first week of the next pack), will I still be protected if I have sex during the inactive week?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Birth Control

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, mcdreamy. Welcome to Scarleteen! :)

Skipping the placebo week and going straight to the next pack do NOT guarantee -- as you can see -- that you won't get your period. For some people it will work that way but for some it won't. Sometimes it can even be different for the same person from time to time. So, it is impossible to tell you when will you get your next period. It is those kind of things that you only will know when you get it. Sorry if my answer is not helpful at all!

And yes, as long as you take your pills on time without skipping any, you are fully protected on your placebo week. You can learn more about this in the next link: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... ebo_period :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic