I think my vagina is abnormal

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
annie123
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she

I think my vagina is abnormal

Unread post by annie123 »

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or tmi, I'm kinda new here and hoping for advice and support.

The opening of my vagina is very, very tight. The rest of my vaginal tube thing is a normal size, but the opening is so small you would not be able to get two fingers past. It has always been like this and it is painful when you try stretch it as does not stretch at all, it just feels like the skin might tear. If you imagine opening your mouth as wide as possible, and how it doesn't go any wider - its a bit like that. My vagina as a whole is also incredibly insensitive; I can barley feel anything when it is touched.

Any advice? Do you think there is a medical condition out there that fits this? Thanks in advance.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I think my vagina is abnormal

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi annie123,

Nope, this is a good place for this question :) I think something to consider is under what conditions you're trying to insert things into your vagina. If you're no aroused, not lubricated, and not relaxed when you try to insert things like fingers, then you are going to feel some discomfort and not a lot of pleasure. So something to try, if you haven't already and feel comfortable doing so, is to experiment with lube and just experiment in general when you masturbate to see if you can find things that do make those parts feel good.

Too, if you think something is really up, you can also schedule a check-in with an OB-GYN to rule out any medical causes behind what's happening.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I think my vagina is abnormal

Unread post by Heather »

I also want to add that anatomically speaking, the vaginal canal isn't actually very rich with sensory nerve endings, especially past the first 1/3rd of it. What sensitivity is has is a) greatly influenced by if someone is sexually aroused or not and b) is more about the internal clitoris that surrounds it and IS rich with those nerve endings. But really, it's the clitoris as a whole, internal and external, that's where nearly all of the sensitivity of the vulva lies.

So, it's not abnormal for people to find, as you have, that the vagina isn't very sensitive.

That said, if the opening feels radically different than the rest, again, a visit with a gynecologist -- or a GP who does that kind of healthcare as well -- is a good call. That way you can find out for sure if there is an issue (like, for instance, a hymen that just hasn't eroded much yet, which isn't a problem, mind, but can create what you're describing) or not, so you don't have to worry like this.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic