Risk during Shower?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Olivia15
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Risk during Shower?

Unread post by Olivia15 »

So i read your pregnancy scared article i wanted to have a part of it cleared up?
So it says genital to genital contact creates risk of pregnancy. What is confusing my is my situation, because me and my bf took a shower together for the first time recently. He had a hard on for at least part of the shower, and we're about the same height, so when he faced me, he was kind of poking me in the butt and in the front of my crotch (where the hair grows and stuff). It never really touched my vagina or anything like that, we didn't have sex, just took a shower and hug/kiss. Does this present a risk of pregnancy? and in the future, is showering together a safe activity? Thanks
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Risk during Shower?

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, Olivia. :)

We ask all our users with pregnancy scares to read this link first: http://m.scarleteen.com/article/bodies/ ... _companion

If after that you need some clarification, just holler and we'll be more than glad to help you.
Olivia15
not a newbie

I did read this already, and i read something on there that said a risk is genital to genital contact. Im confused what this means. His penis never touched my vagina, or went in, or anything like that, cause we didn't have sex. But it did poke around the front of my crotch a few times, the part where the hair grows in the front. Im not sure if this counts as genital contact.
Olivia15
not a newbie

So does genital to genital contact refer to penis and vagina? Im not sure. Does it have to be sex? Im just trying to clarify the article. It would be really great to get an answer please
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Eddie C »

Well if you read the article, what does it say in the section "Scenarios like these are NOT how pregnancy happens" ?
Olivia15
not a newbie

It says that showering together is not a way that pregnancy happens. Does this even apply if his penis touched me around the pubic mound area? Im just trying to clarify.
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Eddie C »

Yes. The thing is sperm cells are very delicate and need a super special environment to survive. The water of the shower wouldn't be the kind of environment we are talking about. :)
Olivia15
not a newbie

However, if you were to have actual sex in the shower, or actually have a hard penis touch the actual vagina, would THIS be dangerous? (i haven't done this, but I just want to learn more! And btw, I got my period, so no more stress about this scenario!)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Intercourse, or any other kind of direct penis-to-vulva contact, presents pregnancy risks whether someone is part of that in the shower, on a train, in a bed or in the kitchen. It doesn't matter where someone is when they engage in the kind of sexual activity that poses pregnancy risks: those risks will exist regardless of locale. :)

For more on what activities pose risks of pregnancy or STIs, check out: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Olivia15
not a newbie

What is the vulva?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

The vulva is the name for the whole of your genitals: a lot of people are mistakenly taught to call that the vagina, but the vagina is only one part, and is only inside the body, not external, like the inner and outer labia, mons, vestibule or clitoral hood or glans, which are all parts of the vulva.

To find out more about your genitals, and the names for their parts, take a lookie here: Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More

:D
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic